- Fully charge the batteries before first using them.
- Never allow batteries to run completely flat.
- If you use your mobility scooter or wheelchair every day, recharge the batteries every day.
- If you use it weekly, when recharge when you have finished using it.
- Every two months, let the batteries discharge until the battery gauge shows a low charge, then fully recharge them.
- If you are storing your scooter for more than 6 weeks, fully charge the batteries and then disconnect them. Check and recharge the batteries monthly.
Most scooters and wheelchair batteries need several charge-discharge cycles to get to their full capacity. For more information, see our guidance note ‘How to get the longest life from your mobility batteries’
Batteries not holding charge?
- Contact us for advice. Visit the shop or call us on 01780 763276. We’ll be glad to help.
- Let us test your batteries and and the operation of your charger.
- We can advise you on the best replacement batteries – with the alternatives for lowest price or best performance.
- We supply and fit replacement batteries for all types of mobility scooter and powered wheelchairs.
We will take old batteries back for recycling. If you replace them yourself, please avoid environmental damage by making sure the old batteries are properly recycled.